Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in the U.S., with over 6 million residential and business customers. Cox is an avid participant in the non-profit Connect2Compete initiative whose mission is to provide affordable high speed Internet to low income Americans.
“Having a computer and Internet service at home is no longer a luxury – it is a necessity. Cox understands this new reality and works in the communities we serve to provide affordable Internet and devices to low-income students and their families through the Connect2Compete program.”
Cox partnered with Connect2Compete in 2012 to enable eligible low income households to receive discounted Cox high speed cable Internet for only $9.95 a month.
Since its inception, over 200,000 low income Americans have connected to the Internet using Cox’s Connect2Compete program.
Cox $9.95 Internet Details
- 10 Mbps Internet Download Speed
- Free Installation
- Waived Modem Rental Fees
Cox Connect2Compete General Requirements
- At least one student grades K-12 lives in your household
- Your household must be participating in one of these government assistance programs: free or reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or Public Housing (ConnectHome Program)
- Have not subscribed to Cox High Speed Internet service in the last 90 days
- No outstanding Cox bills or unreturned equipment
Cox ConnectHome Program
Through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) ConnectHome program Cox Communications now offers home Internet service for $9.95 per month to eligible K-12 families with children residing in public housing including Vouchers and Section 8 (PBRA). This expands on Cox’s commitment to provide affordable high speed Internet to low income Americans.
Cox Connect2Compete Application
If you know a low-income family who might be eligible, visit http://www.connect2compete.org/Cox or call (855) 222-3252.
Connect2Compete (C2C) is a national non-profit organization that brings together many government, non profit and private sector partners who are dedicated to improving lives through the power of the Internet.
Related Low Income Posts:
- Spectrum Internet Assist Low Income Broadband
- Cox Low Income Internet Discount
- Free or Low Cost Internet for Low Income Families
- Comcast Internet Essentials for Low Income Families
- Portland Joins Google’s Digital Inclusion Fellowship Program