The Securifi Almond 2015 Long Range Touchscreen Wireless Router / Range Extender is an Amazon best seller in the computer routers category with extremely high customer reviews.
The most unique feature of the Securifi Almond is the built-in touchscreen. This enables easy setup of the Securifi wireless router without the need to connect it to a computer. Many of the customer reviews comment about the quick and easy 3 minute setup.
The new Almond 2015 has 30% better WiFi range than its 2012 predecessor, which also has an amazing 4.5 star rating with over 10,300 reviews. The Securifi Almond can function as either a primary wireless router or can easily be configured as a wireless range extender, utilizing your existing router, to extend your wireless range in your home.
With compatible sensors the Securifi can also double as a smarthome security and automation hub to remotely monitor doors or windows and control lighting, thermostats, appliances, etc.
Securifi Almond Router Reviews
As of this writing there were 1276 Amazon reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. For a product with this volume of reviews this is an excellent rating. Here is a breakdown of the Securifi wireless router ratings.
- 927 or 73% gave the Almond a solid 5 star review.
- 130 or 10% of reviewers posted 4 star rankings.
- 67 or 5% ranked the router 3 stars.
- 44 or 3% were somewhat disappointed – 2 stars.
- 108 or 9% gave a dissatisfied 1 star rating.
A quick note on my observation of the poor reviews. Many of the 1 and two star reviewers complained about compatibility or speed issues when configuring the Securifi Almond as a wireless range extender. There were a lot of complaints about slower Internet speeds when connected to the Securifi range extender vs. connecting to their primary wireless router. Unfortunately this is how all wireless extenders function. There are some losses in the process and you can expect somewhat slower speeds as a tradeoff for the extended wireless range. To eliminate this would require configuring the Securifi as a wireless access point (WAP) and running an Ethernet cable between it and your primary router.
Below you will find the most common pros and cons of the 2015 Securifi Almond router / wireless extender extrapolated from over 1200 Amazon customer reviews of the product.
Securifi Almond Pros
- Quick & Easy Touchscreen Setup
- Excellent Wireless Range
- Home Automation Features
- Good Securifi Tech Support
- Smart Phone App
- Reliable Connection – No Restarts
- Local Weather Screen Display
Securifi Almond Cons
- No Dual Band – You need the Almond+
- Doesn’t Support Z-Wave
- Connection Failures – Some users experienced connection problems.
- 3 Min. Setup Unrealistic – Some users had difficulty configuring the Almond
Almond 2015 Technical Specifications
2 LAN + 1 WAN + 1 USB
Home Automation: ZigBee HA 1.2
Port Forwarding, Firewall, DMZ, UPnP
Free iOS & Android Apps & Browser UI
Range: 50-150 ft. (Depends on Construction)
Power Supply: 12V, 1A (Input:110 – 220V, 50-60Hz)
Securifi Almond Resources
- Securifi Almond 2015 Forum – https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/board,37.0.html
- Software Updates – https://www.securifi.com/software-update
- Quick Set-Up Guide – https://firmware.securifi.com/AL1/AlmondQuickGuide.pdf
- Data Sheet – https://www.securifi.com/wp-content/uploads/almond2015datasheet.pdf
Recent ISP 1 Product Reviews:
- New Cox Contour 2 Review (2/8/2017)
- Netgear WiFi Range Extender with Ethernet Port (1/18/2017)
- Linksys Velop Whole Home WiFi Mesh System (1/14/2017)